The most popular party food in Hong Kong



I went for a picnic with my friends last Saturday and shared with my friends the most popular party food in Hong Kong, Pineapple and Sausage Skewers. They loved them just as my Hong Kong friends and I did.

When I was young, I had Pineapple and Sausage Skewers for every school Christmas party, and most birthday parties. It is the simplest party food to make, yet the taste never fails anyone. 


Pineapple & Sausage Skewers

By   (Published:

Sweet, slightly sour pineapple is a perfect match for the savoury sausage, giving you three delicious tastes in one bite. Plus, the juicy fruit brings out the meat aroma of the sausage so well that you know you are enjoying the best of both ingredients.



Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Yield: About 36 skewers

Ingredients:
Pineapple: 450g 
Sausage: 450g 




Directions:

1. Cut the sausage into 1-1/2 inch pieces. Cut the pineapple into 1-1/2 inch chunks. Keep the pineapple juice.

2. Put sausage pieces into a pot of boiling water and boil until they float in the water (about 3 minutes). Let stand at room temperature until cool. [You may also use cooked cocktail sausages and skip this step.]

3.  Thread 1 or 2 pieces of sausage onto skewers (or toothpicks) alternatively with 1 or 2 pieces of pineapple. Drizzle pineapple juice over the skewers. 

4. Refrigerate the skewers until served.


Do you like this recipe? I would love to hear from you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts