Healthy Seaweed Tofu Soup



Thinking about what to cook for my Canadian friends last week, I decided to make the dinner more Hong-Kong-ish, and have all soup, rice, main dishes and dessert. If you have read my article "Chinese Pot Soup", you probably remember we like herbal soup. But I don't want to frighten my friends with very special flavors, so I went for this simple Seaweed Tofu Soup. Of course, my friends loved it so much (I only cook what I love~^^)! 

Seaweed Tofu Soup

By   (Published:

Seaweed is said to be able to help lower blood pressure. Tofu (Bean curd) is rich in antioxidants and can improve skin. The soup is beneficial to health. It is recommended you have this soup before eating fatty food.  




Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients:
Dried seaweed: 25g 
Fresh tofu (Bean curd), cut into 1.5 cm cubes: 3 blocks 
Egg, beaten: 1 (optional) 


Fresh tofu I use: Good tofu has very delicious aroma of soybeans.


Directions:

1. Wash the dried seaweed and soak it in 800ml of water until soft. 
The seaweed I bought in an Asian grocery store
 does not contain sand and is easy to handle.

2. Put tofu cubes into boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and set aside. This step is important to make tofu soft and "silken".

3. Add seaweed (and the water used for soaking), tofu and 1300ml of water into a pot. Boil until seaweed turns green. 

4. Add salt (about 1 teaspoon) and chicken stock mix (optional). 

5. (Optional) Turn off the heat and stir in egg. 



Do you like this recipe? I would love to hear from you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts