Bandits' Chicken Wings 土匪雞翼

Chicken wings have always been one of my favorites. When I was young, Mom cooked wings with BBQ sauce, coke, soy sauce, etc, and I loved them all. About ten years ago, Tam Jai Yunnan Noodles (譚仔雲南米線), a noodle chain, became popular in Hong Kong. Their Bandits' Chicken Wings was one of their most popular side dishes and one of my favorites too.

Now that I'm in North America with no Tam Jai around, I have to cook these wings myself. I have actually cooked for my friends too, and they all loved it!

Bandits' Chicken Wings 土匪雞翼

Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 30 min
Yield: 2-3 servings



Ingredients:
Chicken wings: About 8 pieces
Cumin powder (孜然粉): 1 tablespoon
Chili powder: 1 teaspoon (or to your taste)
Five-spice powder (五香粉): 1 teaspoon
Garlic powder: 1 teaspoon
Ground black pepper: 1 teaspoon
Sugar: 1 teaspoon
Salt or Chicken broth powder: 1 teaspoon
Cooking wine: 2 teaspoon
Soy sauce: 2 teaspoon
Sichuan peppercorn oil (花椒油): 1 teaspoon
Extra virgin olive oil: 1 teaspoon
Black sesame: little

Directions:
  1. Pat chicken wings dry with paper towels. 
  2. Mix all powders, pepper, sugar and salt in a big bowl. Then, add cooking wine, soy sauce, and oil. Coat wings with the mixture.
  3. Put wings in a zipper bag or food storage container. Fridge for at least 30 minutes.
  4. Preheat oven to 400*F.
  5. Bake wings for 8 minutes. 
  6. Turn them over. Sprinkle with black sesame. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes (depending on the size of the wings). Serve hot.




Comments

Popular Posts