Simple new home, simple meals



My husband and I finally arrived in San Francisco - he is going to work here. While things are unsettled and our home is almost unfurnished, we are living a very simple life at the moment. But this doesn't stop us from enjoying our meals together!

[Secret: I'm quite glad indeed. Before we get rice, we can have noodle soup and pasta soup all the time. I love noodles and pasta!]

Chicken Macaroni Soup

By   (Published:

In Hong Kong, we have different pasta in soup, but we eat only the pasta and do NOT drink the soup. But I have made this pasta soup simple, healthy and delicious. You will like the soup as well. My husband and I consumed everything in the pot! 



Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Yield: 2-3 servings

Ingredients:
Water: 1000ml 
Broccoli: 1 medium brunch (150g) 
Celery: 3 stalks/ribs 
Macaroni: 200g 
Seasoned baked chicken: 1-1.5 cup (cut into small pieces) 


Directions:

1. Cut broccoli, celery and chicken into small pieces.


I used Costco chicken today.

2. Pour water into a cooking pot. Bring it to a boil.

3. Add broccoli, celery and macaroni into boiling water. Cook over high heat for about 7 minutes. (Check the package of macaroni for the best cook time.)

4. Add chicken into the soup in the last 2 minutes to make it hot.

5. Add salt. Season to taste. (Bear in mind there is salt in the chicken~) 

Served Hot.


Our little dining corner in the kitchen~

The reason why I add broccoli is simple -- my husband loves broccoli! (Blogger Helen Nichols has written an article about 43 science-backed health benefits of broccoli. Check it out here: http://www.well-beingsecrets.com/health-benefits-of-broccoli/!)

Do you like this recipe? I would love to hear from you. 


* You might like the following posts: 
- "What Hong Kong people have for breakfast
- "The most popular party food in Hong Kong
- "Great party food: Enoki Beef Rolls"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts